Instagram: @aliciarihko Facebook: www.facebook.com/aliciarihko
1. What's your story? Where are you from?Well, I'm a Spanish girl, with Native-American roots. I have always felt more connected with America than Spain, and I think It's because I spent part of my childhood there.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.A mix of comic book illustrations, and carefully photographed scenes. At times sexual.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I work with a graphic tablet. I love to do digital works, It helps me to get an idea quickly. I can improvise much more, and change colors and lines If I don't like the result, more easily. But I recognize that working with brushes, is much more relaxing for me, digital work doesn't give me that feeling.
4. What is your artistic process like?Most of the time I have several compositions in my mind, I just need to have that click that makes everything work. Usually, before I do it, I've already developed it in my head for a couple of days.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?My work has a lot to do with my daily life, and my youth... I am always influenced by music, and all the images that I see everyday. From the color of a garment, to a few lines in a painting, some lyrics from a song I've discovered recently, to movie scenes.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Well, I remember seeing my grandfather doing authentic wonderful pieces of art when I was little. Watch him work closely aroused my curiosity toward this. I couldn't tell you how it change the way I see the world, but It definitely helps me to express my emotions. It's a therapy.
7. Where did you study?I studied Fashion, in a small school of Seville. I also did a Fashion Illustration course, but I haven't studied anything related to fine arts. In this area I have developed more in fashion, patterns, sewing, and design.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?I have no idea, in just one year things have changed a lot for me. I would like to work in these two areas, illustration and fashion.
9. What about in ten?I would tell you the same thing, and traveling much more.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I like to generate intrigue, sometimes provoke, but I also want the person who see it, feel more freedom.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?I love the pasta with tomato, cheese, and pesto.
12. Favourite book?I like a lot Rayuela - Julio Cortázar
13. Favourite genre of music?Alternative rock, r&b, and rap.
14. What are your hobbies?Photography and collages. Also, restoration of furniture.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?A ballerina, I am passionate about the world of dance.