1. What's your story? Where are you from?I am an illustrator living in New York City by way of Carmel, New York.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.My work is airy, colorful, whimsical, and powerful with heavy conceptual roots in femininity, physical identity, and nature.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Working in a combination of both digital and hand-line has been a favorite of mine.
4. What is your artistic process like?Starting with laying down the color on the computer, printing it on an old laser-jet, then applying linework by hand fulfils my love for both digital and analog processes.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Heavily inspired by modern events and perspectives on women, my pieces focus on femininity and the female form, leveraging physical traits such as body hair, overly extended limbs, and rounded features.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Although I'm not too sure how it changes my view on the world, art has enabled me to process and express my feelings towards it.
7. Where did you study?Boston University, College of Fine Arts
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?Having the ability to work for myself full-time would be amazing.
9. What about in ten?Although I try not to map out my future plans in a number of years, it tends to add unnecessary pressure, if I cannot sustain working for myself full time in five years, doing so in about ten would be lovely.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?The ability to connect with people through my art (that I may never have the pleasure of meeting/conversing with in person) would be incredible.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Pizza!
12. Favourite book?Catcher in the Rye.
13. Favourite genre of music?Indie-pop.
14. What are your hobbies?Long-distance running, trying new places to eat, trail walking, photography.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I'm not all too sure.