Instagram: @bo.vk Behance: www.behance.net/borjaalegre
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I am Borja, I am 30 and I am from Tarragona, Spain but I live in Madrid since 2014.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I try to talk about human being feelings and sensations with a touch of humor. I try to make people think and laugh at the same time. The pink color was just an accident that worked out :)
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Nowadays 3D is my favourite tool. It is limitless, you can do whatever you want, you learn so fast and it never ends, it is like you are discovering something new every day. It is so funny and that's why I love it. I discovered Cinema 4D 3 years ago and I can't stop working with it. I use Houdini, Real Flow as well, but I think Cinema 4D is the best software for 3D if you come from Design or Illustration. With the animations, I think you can say a lot of things and play with reality that I couldn't say you could, with another medium.
4. What is your artistic process like?My process is very simple. I spend my day thinking ideas and suddenly it appears, then I figure out how to explain the idea with animation and I jump to Cinema 4D or the perfect software to explain it.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?My inspiration comes from a lot of things. My favourite 3D artists are Zolloc, Extraweg, Esteban Diacono, Antoni Tudisco, Sixnfive, Simon Holmedal, etc. I like to take ideas from movies, life... I love painting, I love painters like Rembrandt, Hopper, Hockney, Schiele, Freud, Kanevsky, Jenny Saville or Sargent.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?The role that art plays in my life is huge. Since I was a kid I painted and drew all the time. As long as I grew up I discovered a lot of types of art and I took really interesting things from all of them. I always think about translating an idea into an art piece. I spent a lot of years of my life creating, it is what makes me feel alive. I love going to museums, exhibitions to take ideas and see what is the world thinking about.
7. Where did you study?I studied Illustration in Tarragona, Art at The University of Teruel and the Master in Madrid. During university, I spent one year in Bordeaux. (Erasmus)
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?The Moon
9. What about in ten?Mars
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I really don't expect anything from my art. I create because it is my way of life so what it comes will be great because I enjoyed all the way.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?My favourite food is the Black Rice (Arroz negro, Spanish thing) and burgers from Five Guys :)
12. Favourite book?What we talk about when we talk about love - Raymond Carver
13. Favourite genre of music?Rap - Hip Hop
14. What are your hobbies?Beer, Basketball, Playstation and Netflix
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?A bicycle.