1. What's your story? Where are you from?I am a current resident of Austin, Texas and have lived in the state for most of my life. I’m just starting my journey of sharing what I make with the world and venturing into becoming a working artist.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I gravitate towards bold colors and contrasts, surrealism, architectural shapes and scenery. I can be pretty eclectic but I guess those are prevalent themes for me. I don’t shy away from being all over the board.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?It’s been mainly digital for the last year or so. I used to work only with paper art and collage, acrylics and watercolors. But I am currently wrapped up in the freedom and ease of digital work.
4. What is your artistic process like?I try not to force myself. I don’t like to plan or sketch much if at all, I typically just see where things take me. I find it much easier to express myself that way. It’s fluid and free-flowing, and then at some point I stop and ask myself “Okay, what are you doing?”
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Architecture, nature, landscapes. People and their nuances and humor. Daily monotony is somehow inspiring as well. All of life’s weirdness.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?I can’t imagine not having some kind of artistic outlet. It’s always been my only way to learn about myself in an honest way. I think art is a peek into someone’s head, into the part they don’t want you to see. It’s genuine and connecting in that way.
7. Where did you study?As far as artistic education, I am self-taught.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?Maybe living full-time as a freelance artist or at least in the creative field.
9. What about in ten?I rarely think this far ahead... in ten years I can only hope that I’m inspired and satisfied with where I am in the world.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I want to put some larger artistic ideas into fruition and continue to try new things.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Warm, crunchy crusted bread.
12. Favourite book?I am always in the middle of 4 or 5 books. It’s hard to say a favorite. Over the past year I’ve been reading more science fiction than anything, and Philip K. Dick has taken up much of my bookshelf.
13. Favourite genre of music?Everything from punk to classic R&B. It’s sporadic and varies with my mood.
14. What are your hobbies?Outside of the artistic realm, I enjoy reading, cooking, and binge watching Korean television.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?A florist.