Instagram: @burnbjoern Facebook: www.facebook.com/burnbjoern Tictail: burnbjoern.tictail.com Website: www.burnbjoern.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?When I was 16, I left the mountains of Northern Italy and went to the States to enter the wrestling game. After a while the lifestyle became too heavy, all the fights, the parties, the pain, I figured I need a change, so I escaped and started to try this drawing thing everybody is so hyped about, and here I am.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.The shapes and characters are pretty simple, mixed with some geometry, patterns a few colors and flat jokes.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Mainly I am drawing, it is easy I don´t need much more than paper, pencil, ruler, light table, laptop, scanner (just realized that it is quite a lot of things). Anyhow, I´m still discovering and improving new stuff all the time.
4. What is your artistic process like?Usually, I needed an idea, a joke or a story before I could start to draw. Recently I like to start drawing and see where it takes me.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Well there are a lot of things, so I´ll make a list: • the Internet • other peoples work and achievement • Failure • sub, youth, pop culture • Tribal Art • Friends • Enemies • mythology and fairy tales • Noodles
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Well, it helps me to see the world form a different perspective, a good old wrestling match does a similar trick.
7. Where did you study?Wrestling Academy in San Antonio.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?That is a question parents tend to ask, hehe, I am really not the planning type of person, I tend to avoid my own reality.
9. What about in ten?Back in the ring.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?Peace on Mars.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Food-wise, I tend to eat round food and noodles in any form.
12. Favourite book?I look terrible on pictures by Ruvus Ravi.
13. Favourite genre of music?I don´t listen much to music lately because I hurt my ear in a fight, but I love the sound of cars passing by, which is very a similar sound to the sound of waves.
14. What are your hobbies?Not sure if I can count that as hobbies but escaping city life, going to the a lake, a mountain, a wood, or an island, and doing some camping gives me much pleasure and awakes my inner child.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I might be a terrible farmer.