Instagram: @chiaraghigliazza Behance: www.behance.net/chiaraghigliazza Website: www.chiaraghigliazza.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I’m a Milan based illustrator, I’m 26, I don’t talk much.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.Always “less is better”. I try to create synthetic images, to point out the concept. Usually, I balance minimalism composition drawing with warm and handmade brush strokes.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I like digital painting. Given that every mistake is a time loss, using digital I can try, delete, redraw a lot.
4. What is your artistic process like?I work on key concepts: first of all, I read up and take notes about the topic, then I jot down ideas, turning concepts into visual metaphors and mixing them. Sometimes it’s just inspiration.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Everything: I get inspired by routine as from movies, novels, artists.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art makes me want to know the meanings behind it. And how to communicate through pictures.
7. Where did you study?I graduate in Printmaking Design, and then I attended an Editorial Illustration master.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?I’m not interest working in agency. Be a freelancer is kind of hard for many things, but I like to self manage my work.
9. What about in ten?I would like to work only on projects which really interest me.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?Surprise. Show things from unexpected points of view.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?I love handmade food.
12. Favourite book?Pennac’s Malaussène saga.
13. Favourite genre of music?I can't find a single genre to describe the music I like.
14. What are your hobbies?None. In my spare time, I start projects with no end, go out, watch movies.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Some kind of artisan, for sure. The great thing about art is to create something; I wouldn’t wholly change my way.