Instagram: @cinta_arribas Facebook: www.facebook.com/cintarribas
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I was born in Valladolid, a city in the north of Spain. I studied Fine Arts and after some years working as graphic designer now I work as a freelance illustrator in Madrid.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I focus my work on people, I like to imagine stories inspired by different characters. My work is colorful and expressive; it plays with a subtle sense of humor that highlights the fact that life should always be a little fun.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I love drawing with makers on paper, it is easy, fast and I could do it wherever I am.
4. What is your artistic process like?I do a lot of sketches in paper. Then I scan the best ones and continue giving colour and doing more details in Photoshop. I just have bought a Cintiq and I am delighted with it!
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Traveling, urban tribes, flamenco music, tacky things…
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?I think in art not only what we see in museums, I think artistic people are who observe around them and reflect about what they see and do an interpretation.
7. Where did you study?I studied Fine Arts at Salamanca and completed my education in Kassel (Germany).
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?I am actually working in an agency from Spain called Pencil. I have been working with them for 2 years and It is very satisfying. In five years I see myself doing more wonderful editorial projects.
9. What about in ten?I hope to continue doing illustration, painting and maybe doing sculpture or ceramics, which I also love.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?It depends on the kind of work. A commission should talks with shapes and colours the client idea. Otherwise, when I draw personal stuff I do it for myself, like a way of necessary expression. Then people laugh, think or feel something similar than I felt while drawing and that's wonderful.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Vegetable stew.
12. Favourite book?Alice in wonderland.
13. Favourite genre of music?Pop, hiphop, flamenco...
14. What are your hobbies?Dancing and gardening.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Dog walker.