Instagram: @elpajaro Dribble: pajaro.dribbble.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I'm proudly Mexican, living in Queretaro city. Lovely place full of culture and lots of great food <3
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I really don't know what would be, I like to try different styles and techniques, but I do realize that I have like a fascination for skulls and happy faces, weird contrast, right?
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Lately i’ve been working with linocut and has become my favorite medium really quickly. I find really interesting working with negative spaces.
4. What is your artistic process like?Mostly i focus on one subject i find interesting, and I draw lots of ideas. Then i find two or three good ones, and i re-do it on the computer, linocut or paint it. I never draw something without nothing to say, sometimes when I don't now what to say but I wanna draw, i just turn on netflix, and see a movie or something and i draw what i listen or some interesting object I saw.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?There is a lot of influences, im a huge fan of Joao Cornella, Jose Guadalupe Posada, Picasso, Harring. Music all the time, right now Cigarretes after sex is one of my most played on iTunes, and lots of movies, Tarantino, Anderson, Almodóvar, Wright, but, i guess mainly my daughter, i wonder how she sees the world or how I wanna show her my world.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art is the way tell everyone else how you see the world. It's a major role I guess, I think, at this point it's the way live my life, wondering what I find interest in some situations or a daily object.
7. Where did you study?I studied in like 3 universities in different cities. The last one is in Querétaro.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?I hope I can be working more as an illustrator, I'm exploring the world of children's books, I like to be working in that.
9. What about in ten?With a few children's book published and collaborating with another brands, I will love to with Nike, adidas or vans.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?Make other peoples' lives happier :)
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Favorite food is complicated, eating is one of my favorite things in the world.
12. Favourite book?I'm a huge fan of Etgar Keret.
13. Favourite genre of music?There is a quote of Louis Armstrong about this, "There is two kinds of music, the good, and the bad. I like the good kind."
14. What are your hobbies?I have two dogs, I like to play a with them, I feel like I'm one of them :)
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I guess I will like to be a chef, I love food that much.