1. What's your story? Where are you from?Hi my name is Emily Leung, I'm from Mauritius - a tiny island in the middle of the Indian Ocean with population of 1.3M people. My parents adopted me when I was 3 and moved from China to Mauritius. Currently I'm based in Melbourne. #themostlivablecityintheworld
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.Simple, sophisticated and cutting edge. I'm always on the look out for latest trends and workshopping social media tactics.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Mix media - Photography & graphics
4. What is your artistic process like?I usually like to brainstorm first, flesh out all my ideas then narrow down to whats achievable in the timeframe, resources and budget given. Afterwards I work on 3 different strong concept, present to my team. We review the work then select one concept and flesh it out even more. Testing is a crucial step in design (testing your ideas are important!!). Its always hard to make ideas into realities, therefore always test your ideas. Think how your audience will interact with your work. What does your work stand for? Why are you doing this? Always question your work never settle for okay always strive to be better.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?My WHY inspires my work. He's always telling how to create and he leads my hands and mind when I'm creating. He taps straight in heavens creativity.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art plays a major role in my life, I think a lot of time we tend to forget to find beauty in the little things. Art has taught me to see beauty in everything and to seek to see beauty because sometimes we can be so distracted by all the noise around us.
7. Where did you study?RMIT University
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?I see myself as a motivational speaker and art director at Thankyou AUS.
9. What about in ten?Travelling in the different Thankyou head quarters and meeting the people that we impacted around the world
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?My aim is to tell the world about the greater beauty found in our daily lives.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?My mom's lasagna, its the best thing on earth for real. When I was a child I was a bit of a chubby kid and I love eating! You'll always find me at a good restaurant or cafe.
12. Favourite book?The little prince & the alchemist
13. Favourite genre of music?EDM and classical music ( it's a weird mix ) it depends on my mood most of the time.
14. What are your hobbies?Finding good cafes, art galleries, networking with people and finding people to do life with.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I would like to be a doctor to save peoples lives. I have this massive crush for doctors they are incredible people. When I was a kid I loved going to the doctor they have this reassuring, comforting presence with them and most of time have the answer to your illness! Haha