Instagram: @fleren Facebook: www.facebook.com/flerdesign Behance: www.behance.net/shaira2929a96c Website: www.fler-design.ru
1. What's your story? Where are you from?My name is Alexandra Malygina. I live in Moscow, Russia. I work as a graphical designer and illustrator. I used to study art since my childhood, but it was music. I started drawing already being an adult person.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I’m inspired by color and try to inspire my works with color. It usually takes me a long time to create a palette, I try a lot of different combinations. The most important thing for me is to convey the mood to the viewer. I want to experience a lot of styles or maybe develop my own.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I draw only in digital. Though I really love to check out some watercolor paintings ( and be envious). Usually, I work in Adobe illustrator, since vector images are more viable. In my own time, I gladly draw raster landscapes and fantasy characters in Adobe Photoshop.
4. What is your artistic process like?Everything depends on the project that I’m working on right now. Sometimes I start working immediately and sometimes I try to “catch” inspiration. Then I immediately create a palette, the colors inspire me too. Sometimes I draw sketches, but usually, I work without them. It happened because I was learning to draw on a graphical tablet and not on the paper. Then the work goes on. It’s funny, but I rarely imagine what will I have in the end.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I’m inspired by music, nature and people. A lot of times ideas come from my beloved family. Also, I love fan-art, I like to draw things from computer games and movies.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?I always try to surround myself with beautiful things, chat with interesting people. These things support and motivate me to the art itself. I can’t differ right now when I’m working and when I’m relaxing.
7. Where did you study?I was studying as a redactor in Moscow publishing college. Drawing – I studied at home by myself.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?Almost all the time I was working alone. It would be really interesting for me to work with a strong team of artists. I would gladly work in the game design industry or draw matte-paintings for movies.
9. What about in ten?I see myself happy. With strong nerves and calm soul.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?Every art is a work on yourself. I progress as an illustrator and as a creative person. I evolve my technique and fantasy. My arts make me and other people happy and that’s the most important part. Of course, I want to achieve something really great and amazing, earn some money for a little house with a vineyard somewhere in Italy. Maybe I would like to be famous and get a lot of postcards for the New Year.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?I love good food. I really love pizza, Japanese and Italian food.
12. Favourite book?Harry Potter is the book of my childhood. I can read all the books in one day./
13. Favourite genre of music?When I drive my car or go in for sports – alternative or rap core. When I’m working on a project – ambient.
14. What are your hobbies?I like to take photos. In my previous life, I was a photographer J. I like to play computer games, my favorite one is World of Warcraft.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I think I could be a great surgeon. A lot of people told me so.