Instagram: @hanulxcho Website: myselfwool.creatorlink.net
1. What's your story? Where are you from?Hi, I am Hanul Cho. I was born in Gwang-ju,Korea and I am living in Seoul, Korea as a freelance illustrator. I worked as a fashion designer. At that time, I have got an infection in my knee and I couldn’t walk well. Since then, drawing has been another method of healing and feeling expression. Now I can walk better than before.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I love moderation in bright and colorful.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I like drawing with colored pencil and marker pen. It makes me more careful and more focused. Because it is difficult to modify. Moreover, I love the sound of using that.
4. What is your artistic process like?Every day, I try to doodle whatever. And then, I develop what doodles I love. I do line-drawing by colored pencil and painting by marker pen. After that, I work on computing to complete.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I am inspired all around what I saw every day: movies, photos, nature, people etc. Nowadays, my dogs have become a big part of my life. They give me a source of inspiration and make me be able to draw a warm painting.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?I have never been thinking about separation me and art. Art makes me an observer and a delicate person.
7. Where did you study?I studied fashion design at Myongji University in Korea.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?I would like to open my studio to teach paintings and sell my goods.
9. What about in ten?I will keep going to draw in my studio with my lover.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I hope to see the smile of somebody and give them another inspiration by my work. Above all, I want to give the feeling of peacefulness.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?I love to eat a pork cutlet and a caesar salad.
12. Favourite book?I like Douglas Kennedy's novels. Now, I am reading 'Dead Heart'.
13. Favourite genre of music?I love to search the new music of indie bands.
14. What are your hobbies?Taking a walk with my dogs and my boyfriend. Exercising to keep in shape. Reading a book in any genre.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I would love to be an owner of the book cafe. Especially, the comic books.