Instagram: @jeninuferu Website: jenniferbouron.wixsite.com/portfolio
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I’m Jennifer, a French fashion and print designer. After my studies, I lived in London and then I moved to Amsterdam where I have been living for 2 years.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I like drawing naive patterns like stripes and dots; it’s an obsession for years. And I also illustrate daily life scenes with a lot of cats and plants. If I have to talk about colours, I use a lot of pink, red and dark blue.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?That depends of seasons hahaha! I spent summer drawing with watercolour pencils and now I mostly draw on photoshop. But I really like using watercolour pencils to draw a “daily life scene”, it gives more texture.
4. What is your artistic process like?I doodle everyday. I have a lot of sketches pending in my drawer. So when I want to start an illustration, I just choose one of them. But sometimes the sketch is just a starting point and the final illustration does not look like it at all. If I want to draw a pattern, I just follow my imagination, I don’t make sketch before.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Going to museums, travelling, watching movies, and spending too much time on Pinterest!
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art has always been important in my life; I have always drawn. I like to “unplug” my brain and see the environment as painting. It’s incredible to see all the shades of colours in the nature, especially in autumn, I am amazed by the trees, I can look at them for hours.
7. Where did you study?I studied fashion design at Atelier Chardon Savard in Nantes (a lovely French city).
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?I hope I will be freelance artist, working on great projects.
9. What about in ten?It’s too far, but I am sure I will still making things.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I just draw because I like it and it makes me happy, so maybe it also makes other people happy, does it sound cheesy?
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?How can I choose!? I love food! I recently discover a chocolate that is absolutely delicious: dark chocolate, ginger and lemon, it is just incredible!
12. Favourite book?It’s not very original to say that, but I’m a big fan of Harry Potter
13. Favourite genre of music?Indie music and 60s music.
14. What are your hobbies?Drawing, cooking, reading, knitting,walking, going to gigs…
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I don’t think I’m an artist.