Instagram: @jingoo Website: www.kangjingoo.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I’m JINGOO. I’m an illustrator who works in various fields of digital art. I’m a Korean, and I’ve been expressing every inspiration that I’ve seen, heard, and felt, in my own unique ways.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.The harmony and the colors of every component are the most important things in my painting. Every color and every position that is drawn should be read naturally without bothering your eyes.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?All my works are digitalized. I currently most prefer the digital works, because of the fast modification and color expression.
4. What is your artistic process like?Whenever I come up with an idea, I make small sketches. Then I make a complete digitalized work, by choosing one of the sketches. I also get a hint for commercial works among the small sketches that I’ve drawn
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Fashion and music are the biggest inspiration to me. Through the trend, I can get a hint of what most people like and want right now.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?I get huge pleasure from drawing and showing the results to people. Even though it doesn’t bring me a huge benefit or fame, I understand the meaning of working in my own way.
7. Where did you study?I major in Visual Communication Design at Sangmyung University.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?I don’t know what will happen tomorrow, so I just do my best in the present.
9. What about in ten?I hope I would work steadily and expand my working field, as I do right now.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I want to show my specific goals through works, rather than by saying.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Anything sweet and salty.
12. Favourite book?independent book.
13. Favourite genre of music?I like hip-hop.
14. What are your hobbies?I like running. Running is good for emptying your mind. When I run, I have no complicated ideas.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?The path of an artist is very unstable and challenging endlessly. Sometimes I wish I had a different job, but that’s not going to happen in this life, anyway.