1. What's your story? Where are you from?Hi there! My name is Annie. I am from Russia, grew up and studied in Moscow. My dream was simple and understandable for all (okay, for many) artists: to travel to warm countries and work distantly (warm is a MUST for me, because I'm from Russia, haha!). This is what I did. I worked a lot with love and visualized this story.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I like minimalism. Pure warm natural colors, smooth details, abstract forms. This applies to everything: paintings, interiors, clothes, dishes, and so on.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I used to draw on paper and then transform images in vector. It was a fun, but a time-consuming process! Magic of paper and all that, yeah. Artists will understand me. But paper was in between the station and the real magic began in graphics programs. Therefore, then I excluded the paper from the process and replaced its programs where you can achieve the "hand-sketched" effect.
4. What is your artistic process like?I just covered a bit of the technical part in the previous question :) And if we talk about how I work and what my process is like... Oh, this is my personal kind of meditation. I make myself delicious tea, turn on relaxing background music, light candles, sit on the terrace and create. It was a special fancy response for an interview, huh. Sometimes it's true. But sometimes I just lie in my pajamas with a laptop or tablet.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I am inspired by the world around me. I went to Asia and fell in love. It became a new impetus in my work, it gave me a huge boost. If we talk about specific things, these are nature, countries, cities, people, the work of other artists. I am learning to notice beauty everywhere, this is an exciting journey.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?I have been drawing since childhood and it is difficult for me to understand how it could be otherwise. I have a different story, where one day I decided to make art and that changed everything. My answer: creativity is me. And it always has been.
7. Where did you study?I studied in Moscow as a graphic designer at the University of Design and Technology.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?All there, on the terrace with candles! But seriously, I see myself as a person who has gained a lot of new experience and is still learning. I always want to learn.
9. What about in ten?Perhaps I would have a dog and a boat. And even more candles!
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I don't want to achieve anything. I want to create and enjoy the process. I want to know myself through art. If you can call it a goal, so be it.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?I love hummus and falafel! This is my passion. I'm also a fan of Asian food. Sometimes, I like to cook, it's a pleasant process. In fact, it is also creativity ;)
12. Favourite book?Oh, how difficult! I can't choose one... Every book is an adventure. And speaking of adventure books, I love "Hearts of Three", Jack London.
13. Favourite genre of music?By mood. I love folk, jazz, rock and more. And super cool when these genres mix. I listen to very different music and very different artists. My muses are Florence Welch and Bjork.
14. What are your hobbies?The first and foremost hobby is my job! I am also fond of cinematography, studying art, photographing on film.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I would be a writer!