Instagram: @kwrrk.design Website: www.kwrrk.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?Hey, my name is Andre Zimmermann, I'm 23 years old and live in Germany. I'm a print media designer who spends his free time creating 3D designs and animations.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I don't really have a consistent style, I just do whatever feels right. Though I do try to balance it out by only using certain colors.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I like working in 3D because of the endless possibilities. The ability to easily change lighting/materials/camera position (and so on) makes the creative process very fun and flexible.
4. What is your artistic process like?Sometimes I know exactly what I want to do, sometimes I experiment with tools and assets until I get something that looks good.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I get inspired by lots of things. Music, textures, patterns, interior design, illustrations, branding. The best ideas come from learning a new tool or plugin and realizing how I can combine that with other things I've learned before.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?A pretty important one! It's what I do every day.
7. Where did you study?Everything I learned about 3D is from the internet. I'm always learning new things and trying to improve my skills.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?Hopefully as a full-time freelancer doing the same as I do now, just better.
9. What about in ten?Same as above but even slightly better, that would be nice.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I don't know, I just hope that people will look at my stuff and like it.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Can't go wrong with pizza.
12. Favourite book?I don't really read much.
13. Favourite genre of music?Vaporwave, Japanese City Pop, Jazz
14. What are your hobbies?Videogames every now and then. Binging long form video essays and reviews about movies/games on Youtube, probably the best thing to have on the other screen when I'm working on stuff.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I honestly have no idea.