Instagram: @luigileuce86 Twitter: @luigileuce Facebook: www.facebook.com/luigileucefactory Dribbble:www.dribbble.com/luigileuce Website: www.luigileucefactory.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?My name is Luigi, I’m 30 years old and I’m a creative. I live in Turin, where I work, but I come from Lavello, a little place in Basilicata. I’m curious and when I was a baby I loved drawing everytime and everywhere. Now?! It’s still so!
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I like vintage cars since I was a baby and now I use them for my drawing. I like also comics and spots, vectorial drawing and so sometimes I draw geometric forms. In general, I use what I see every day like a font of inspiration for my works, especially people’s faces that I use to draw my characters
3. What is your favourite medium and why?My medium is what you can see in my logo: a cylindrical hat! I pull out of it my creativity and my best ideas like a magician! I live in the world, I watch what happens around me and then when I can, I draw my personal interpretation of it!
4. What is your artistic process like?When I have an idea in my cylindrical hat, I want to make it real! So, sometimes I draw it with a pencil and colors, sometimes I use my pc. When I draw, I’m in a fantastic, colored, strange world.. my mental world! And I want to put it on a piece of paper!!
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I have ever loved cartoons, I spent a lot of time to watch them when I was young. One day, I found the "Peanuts" and I fell in love with them! I'm a dreamer like Charlie Brown. I like and I use it as a font of inspiration also "Roger Hargreaves" and its "Mr. Men and Little Miss".
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?My creativity is one of the most important things in my life. Be creative is a lifestyle that allows me to watch the world around me through different eyes. Everything, also the more insignificant things could become a masterpiece.
7. Where did you study?I came to Turin from my country to study at the Academy of Fine Arts.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?Maybe, I don't know... But goodness knows... Maybe I will be in a room, drawing on the wall for my sons!
9. What about in ten?Wow, ten years is a lot of time! I really don't know... But, I'm a dreamer so... I would like to have a personal brand and I would like to draw for important people.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I want to touch people's hearts as well as Charles Schulz with Peanuts. It's a big dream, I know, but I like it! Anyway... In my cylindrical hat, I have a lot of happiness and I want to give it to everyone!
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Mmhm... I'm very greedy... And my wife is a very nice chef... but my favourite food is absolutely pizza with ham and cream!
12. Favourite book?"In Steve Jobs' head".
13. Favourite genre of music?I like very much classic music and I often draw with Mozart's music in the background. But, nevertheless, I like also rock music and I love Ligabue, who is an Italian musician.
14. What are your hobbies?Maybe it could be expected but... I love drawing! I love also playing video-games (especially FIFA on play station) and travel. There is an aphorism which I love: "Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer".
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?If I weren't a drawer, maybe I would use my hands to play the piano.