Instagram: @moonmambo Facebook: www.facebook.com/moonmambo Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/moonmambo
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I am originally from Naples, Italy. Since one year and few months I am back to live in Italy with my family and probably in the upcoming times, I’ll go abroad again. I lived for almost 7 years in the Netherlands between Amsterdam, Eindhoven and Rotterdam. I studied graphic design in Italy and I am self-taught artist. It has started spontaneously to make drawings and it never will get away from my life. After high school I decided to study graphic design and then again to work as creative graphic designer/head of creative in order to get easily a job to make money, cause my family couldn’t give me support in any ways to become an artist. I paid my studies working as shop assistant and others occasional jobs. I did all alone. I use to work as Creative Graphic Designer and Head of Creative for agencies/studios. Most of my life I had to work to make money to live without having time to being focused on my art but on the other hand I have never stopped to make drawings and to work on creative projects like photography and graphic design.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.Moonmambo is a series of drawings and graphics compositions in a style I have been developing and it is a series of studies shapes of bodies visualizing the relationship and melting of them.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?It probably can be the wall, but also to draw with markers or pencils on paper. I also can enjoy working digitally. I am open to any medium, as person I love to learn and I am curious hence I don't put limits about medium.
4. What is your artistic process like?It really depends from the support needs to be on the final artwork, but it starts, most of the time, by making a drawing on paper. For instance on wall it can happen that I don't even make a sketch on paper or on any supports, I go directly to draw on wall with brushes.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?dance, photography, human bodies, body language
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art is a huge part of my life, to me is everything. It is something I feel can and has helped me through a lot, fortunately.
7. Where did you study?I am a self-taught artist, I didn't study to art schools never. I studied graphic design in Rome at IED.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?Uh, I dreamt a lot about that and probably I prefer to take that dream just for me until it will happen to me indeed.
9. What about in ten?same here
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?personally speaking I would love to achieve an unique style
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?all about Italian food, the Chinese and Japanese
12. Favourite book?history books and dictionaries of my favorite languages
13. Favourite genre of music?I love music and I have a "few" favorite genre of music I do like punk, post punk new wave, african music, deep house, electronic, classical and so on and so on
14. What are your hobbies?art, music, science, swimming
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?musician, veterinary for wild animals, hairdresser