1. What's your story? Where are you from?I grew up in the suburb of Paris in France, then in the capital itself and I recently moved down south in Lyon, to experiment something else! I studied Illustration and Comics Design, and after a few years working as a graphic and textile designer I’m trying to become a full-time freelance illustrator which is what I really love.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I have a hard time to describe my work. What came back to me from others is that it’s mild and delicate.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I mostly work with liquid ink. I love the aspect of it, the colors are mild but bright. I like to prepare a base of the color grade before I start to paint, feeling like a little alchemist, mixing the color to get the right tone.
4. What is your artistic process like?I sketch my ideas, then do a preparatory drawing that I use as a base for the painting ( I use a lighting table to not get pencil mark ). I started with the main colors and then add details.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?People that I met, places, music, nature, colors, emotions. I’m pretty sensitive and I sink in everything.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?It as a strong influence since forever. It’s like a base, it’s always there and it builds me. It also connects me to people.
7. Where did you study?In Paris. I start to study art in high school, then illustration and comics at Auguste Renoir in the 18e.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?Luckily this work gives the ability to work from wherever and one of my goals is to be able to leave more close from nature, out of big cities. I’m dreaming of the Scandinavian landscape, making art and enjoying simple things.
9. What about in ten?Same, same.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I would love to travel around the world thanks to my drawings, working on a lot of different projects.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?I’ve got unconditional love for potatoes in whatever forms haha however I grew up with an Italian father so Italian food as a special room for me.
12. Favourite book?The trilogy of Philip Pullman His Dark Materials
13. Favourite genre of music?I’m a huge fan of Beach House, otherwise, it’s probably indie, post-rock and folk, I love music in general. When I work I need to be in a bubble, it influences my work and spirit and I mostly listen to things that allow me to focus, deep bass or ambient/atmospheric stuff. I also listen a lot the radio and podcasts.
14. What are your hobbies?Apart from drawing, I like watching movies, to sew, and travelling/discovering new places. I’m very curious and I like to try stuff, I recently discover sport fishing. Very fun, interesting and a good way to be in nature.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?No idea.