1. WHAT’S YOUR STORY? WHERE ARE YOU FROM?I'm from the concrete jungle known as Singapore and Pomello is a side project for myself - a catharsis of random ideas. I'm a serious person and have a serious day job. It's true!
2. TELL US ABOUT YOUR AESTHETIC.Imaginative, colourful with a mishmash of mismatched items. You'll never guess what's coming next!
3. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MEDIUM AND WHY?I'm more proficient in digital graphics than hand drawn ones, so its definitely Illustrator and Photoshop for me.
4. WHAT IS YOUR ARTISTIC PROCESS LIKE?I will pen ideas down immediately on a notebook or on my phone before it gets forgotten. I start work by brainstorming for new ideas and if that fails, I refer to my list of ideas and pick one to work on! I'm perpetually nocturnal and often start work in the wee hours of the night when it is dead silent; the night is when I get the most inspired and motivated.
5. WHO AND/OR WHAT INSPIRES YOUR WORK?I get inspiration from anything I see or hear. Most often, this happens when I'm alone (without another person to chat with) or deep in thought. Also, my two tiny fat dogs! They're constantly doing something funny.
6. WHAT ROLE DOES ART PLAY IN YOUR LIFE? HOW DOES IT CHANGE THE WAY YOU VIEW THE WORLD?Art made me pay greater attention to details and provided a realisation that we should be appreciative of the things around us.
7. WHERE DID YOU STUDY?I have a bachelor's degree in Design at RMIT.
8. WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN FIVE YEARS?Pom.ello is actually a project to help develop myself but it would be a dream to be able to see my work somewhere in public. It would be interesting to see how users physically react to it. Maybe back up a couple steps for a second look? I hope there's no one scratching their heads!
9. WHAT ABOUT IN TEN?I'd love to be working and collaborating with big brands to bring more joy to more people.
10. WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO ACHIEVE WITH YOUR ART?There's far too many things in life that are too serious. People need to laugh more and enjoy life! I really hope to delight and bring joy to the world through my work.
11. NOW, TELL US A LITTLE MORE ABOUT YOU AS A PERSON: WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD?I like food that is spicy and savoury. And, boiled vegetables!
12. FAVOURITE BOOK?I am hardly interested in fiction but a fan of the Harry Potter series. I have always preferred non-fiction books. Anything history related for me! I have a huge library of art history related books.
13. FAVOURITE GENRE OF MUSIC?Classical music. Surprised?
14. WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES?Shopping, playing the piano (I love a new challenge), cooking, people watching.
15. IF YOU WEREN’T AN ARTIST, WHAT WOULD YOU BE?I would either be a vet (my fear of reptiles would never allow me to fulfil this dream), an archeologist/historian or professional musician in an orchestra.