1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
My name is Paweł and I’m from Poland. I'm a 26 years old illustrator based in Łódź. I study graphics and learn to combine illustration with graphic design. I have been drawing since I can remember and I don't even know when it became my passion.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
It's hard to describe my style because it seems to change. I like simple forms and vivid colors.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I like digital drawing, but recently I am more fond of the traditional medium. I like to experiment a lot.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I always start with quick, ugly lines. I call it a sketch. After figuring out what I want to draw and the location of the elements of the composition, I start highlighting details. My rule is: from general to detail.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
Mainly I'm inspired by music videos, I love watching them. Combined with the music, create an amazing piece.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Art plays a very important role in my life. I try to make it fill every aspect of my life, but I also allow myself to take a break from art sometimes.
7. Where did you study?
I am studying at Academy of Fine Arts in Łódź.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
This is a very difficult question, but I hope to be surrounded by art and cats
9. What about in ten?
Same, more cats and arts!
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
I want my illustrations to make you smile.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
12. Favourite book?
Norwegian Woods by Haruki Murakami
13. Favourite genre of music?
I listen to all kinds of music!
14. What are your hobbies?
I like taking care of plants.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
As a child, I always wanted to be a hairdresser.