1. What's your story? Where are you from?I'm originally from Nottingham and I've just graduated from my surface pattern design degree at Leeds college of art. I'm currently in limbo between Nottingham and Leeds!
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I have a technical aesthetic that often focuses on driving the possibilities of the substrate or medium. Precision based design is key to my design with geometric shapes and organic patterning going throughout.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?This is a tricky question! I utilise lots of materials within my design work and combine them with innovative processes and refinement. So anything from wood, plastic, resin, scuba, mesh and leatherettes are featured within my work.
4. What is your artistic process like?I take a lot of inspiration from primary sources, often finding specialist facilities or intensively researching an area of interest and then responding to it with design. My artistic approach revolves around processes and exploiting/exhausting the traditional or unconventional practices of it.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Science and sequences inspire the way I see pattern and interpret materials. I've always had a personal interest for maths and science after having studied it for my A levels.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?I often find myself seeing the interest in the insignificant and wondering how it can be reinterpreted or utilised within design.
7. Where did you study?New college Nottingham and then Leeds college of art.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?Working within a design studio as an in house designer.
9. What about in ten?Having my own studio.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I'd love to bring innovation and an appreciation of science back into something that can be aesthetically pleasing.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Cropwell Bishop Blue Stilton
12. Favourite book?The Great Gatsby
13. Favourite genre of music?Dance
14. What are your hobbies?I love to bake!
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?A wedding planner.