Instagram: @resto.90 Behance: www.behance.net/brankotesevic Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/ragefreaks
1. What's your story? Where are you from?Hello, I'm Branko Tešević born in Sarajevo 1990. (Yugoslavia in that time). Now I'm living and working in Belgrade, Serbia as a visual artist. Engaged in street art, graffiti, experimental comics, nurtures drawing and scenic painting. Actually, I love to draw and I enjoy communicating with diverse audiences.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I love expressive drawing, strong contrasts, poetics etc. My aesthetics and work rely heavily on the various street and sociological events, also on pop-culture. I love fables and they have a great deal of influence on my aesthetics and poetics at all. Graffiti left a strong impression on me so you will often feel that atmosphere in my work.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I like to experiment but my favorite medium is graffiti and street art actually. I like that medium to use because it provides me with a lot of possibilities in the creation itself but also with communication with diverse audiences. In this medium, the whole city becomes your canvas for painting.
4. What is your artistic process like?I mainly draw and paint while I'm on the move or while I'm walking, while I notice different things than I actually create and make ideas. When I come to the studio then I just transfer them to paper or canvas. But of course, rough sketches are a priority and I adore them.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Honestly, everything that surrounds me inspires me in some way...
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art is part of my everyday life. Art has changed me and made me a better person, and therefore I am trying to make everyday as much as I can in my power change the world that surrounds me.
7. Where did you study?Belgrade Polytechnics school department for graphic design. University of Belgrade, Serbia.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?On a journey around the world.
9. What about in ten?On a journey around the world.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?A happy life.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Mediterranean cuisine.
12. Favourite book?Maus – Art Spiegelman.
13. Favourite genre of music?Jazz, rock, boombap hip hop, etc.
14. What are your hobbies?Chess.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Housebuilder. Curated by @lunjanja, Ballpitmag curator for Serbia