1. What's your story? Where are you from?I'm an illustrator and designer based in East London. I'm a recent graduate from LCC/UAL where I studied Illustration and Visual Media. I studied there for four years doing my BA and my Diploma of Professional Studies where I got to work in industry for a year, working with different brands and agencies. I'm from Leamington Spa but I grew up in Singapore and Canada!
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.It's playful, vibrant, naive and colourful. I use a lot of different mediums like collage, digital illustration, painting and drawing.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?At the moment its watercolour, I love the unpredictable quality and the soft tones it creates.
4. What is your artistic process like?I research a lot, do sketches and observational drawing when I can - this starts me off. I then illustrate my hand and on the computer, using a variety of mediums like watercolour, acrylic, drawing, and collage before putting my illustrations together digitally. And I usually work on 1-2 pieces at a time, I like to focus my energy on one piece at a time usually.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Nature and wildlife inspires me, as well as my growing collection of art books! My favourite illustrator is Carson Ellis and my favourite artist is Grayson Perry.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?My mum is an artist so art has big a huge part of my life from a very young art. It's always been about arts and crafts for me! When I'm not working on a commission I usually have a personal project on my mind. I love what I do and I'm always looking for inspiration from the things around me.
7. Where did you study?The University of the Arts London, at LCC.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?Hopefully living back in Canada and working as a freelance designer.
9. What about in ten?I'll have my own studio in the back of my garden where I can work. Definitely with lots of pets!
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?Brighten up peoples day with colourful, upbeat illustrations.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Sushi!
12. Favourite book?The Heart of Invisible Furies by John Boyne
13. Favourite genre of music?Anything with a bit of funk and soul.
14. What are your hobbies?Cooking, hiking, reading, skiing and exploring!
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?A zoologist, I love animals.