Instagram: @seenaeme Website: www.seenaeme.net
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I'm not sure what story I should say. I just want to say myself as 'seenaeme' dreaming of becoming a fabulous granny. I’m based in South Korea
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I paint pictures for the audience to arouse jolly imaginations, by depicting lovely and comical characters and circumstances hidden in everyday life.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I enjoy looking at posts in the Instagram. Matters of diverse concerns is displayed on it. Often I am inspired by it and helps to work on my piece.
4. What is your artistic process like?I spend most of the time in the cafe sketching. Calmly sitting down, I start preparing for work by looking at own picture collection or thinking about memories in the past. I mix archives from my sketch note and reorganize it to create recasted images from it. Sometimes I take the picture outside and spray paint them, or I scan the picture and paint them on photoshop.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I get lots of inspiration from ordinary things I encounter while I keep my activities of daily living. For example, I recall the memory of passing by people or animals I saw while I was sitting in a cafe, exercising around or walking around. I convey my memories into my notebook.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?I feel happiness when I feel like my characters are alive in my picture and making their own stories. Happiness is a crucial concept for me. As I am often inspired by surroundings, I can’t bear myself just passing by things but observing all the time. So habits or conversations between people walking around are reconstituted into my own style.
7. Where did you study?I originally majored in jewellery design but I draw pictures now
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?I don’t know what I will do in next 5 months. I wish myself working steadily even after years go through. I don't have an agency yet. I'm working independently. It is unpleasant to work alone since I should deal with lots of dispensable works. I want to receive help from the agency on financial and administrative processes, and fully concentrate on my workings.
9. What about in ten?It seems to be a same question above. I’m ready to work more actively than now.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?Rather pursuing to achieve something, I started painting as a way to find myself. Painting is a new experience for me, as well as a joyful process. I hope I could get more opportunities of having this kind of joyful processes.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?I enjoy broad variety of foods :) Often I think that why in the world there are so many tasty foods, and how will I be able to eat all of them while I'm alive.
12. Favourite book?Recently, I read 'Thanatonautes', and 'Gods' written by Bernard Werber. My the most favorite book is the Harry Potter series so far. It deeply affected my imaginative faculty, and it's like a friend of mine spending my childhood. When I first read Harry Potter, I was a 6th grade in the elementary school, and seriously considered my age was too old to receive a letter from owls.
13. Favourite genre of music?I enjoy listening to alternative or dreamy sound music.
14. What are your hobbies?As I like working actively, so I naturally become fond of exercising. I loved to do squash, swimming or cycling. Lately, I'm immersed in running, so I jog along trails around my house.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?My dream was a painter when I was young, but I never thought that I would actually do it as I grow up. It seems that I was afraid of down-to-earth matters. At then, I thought that I would be an one of the employees at an ordinary company. Nevertheless, I would eventually like to attend for a job making something.