Instagram: @sergiomembrillas Website: www.sergiomembrillas.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I am a freelance illustrator and sometimes an illustration teacher living and working in Valencia, Spain.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.My aesthetic is graphic and design-ish. I like the 60s modernity and graphics and I guess I am hugely influenced by the pioneers at that time.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Editorial, because I can mix a nice aesthetic and my style with meaningful drawings related to really interesting articles.
4. What is your artistic process like?Pencil/block classical drawing. And then digitalizing the drawings with my drawing tablet.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Graphic heroes and everyday life.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?It is really important. I am passionate about it, so I guess it changes my view of the world in a way that I quite enjoy.
7. Where did you study?At the Fine arts university in Valencia.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?Not really, I see myself like now but drawing better :), I enjoy the way I work with my clients and I love my studio.
9. What about in ten?Same same. :)
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?To create nice images that people can enjoy, and to have an awesome day by day as I do have now.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Pizza!
12. Favourite book?White Noise. Delillo
13. Favourite genre of music?Indie rock.
14. What are your hobbies?Playing the guitar, listening to music, cinema, city walking, reading, jogging...
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?An artist. :)