Instagram: @simonemassoni Website: www.simonemassoni.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I'm from Italy, born in Rome, raised in Lucca and now living in Florence. My story is that I've always love to explore the visual world of communication, especially the part involving the drawings. Besides that, my story is very similar to so many other artists around I guess. I've started my career filling children's books with very ugly (in my case) illustrations and then moved to other visual fields and media.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.Well, unfortunately, I don't know what to say about this subject. I'm a go with flow kind of guy.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I like very much oil, even if I'm so bad at it.
4. What is your artistic process like?Sketch and lots of thinking around the subject I've to deal with when I work for commercial clients. I cannot start finalizing my artwork if I had not chosen the color palette first.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?One of the few questions I can easily reply without a doubt: Curiosity & Travelling.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Though questions if we don't define art. If you're part of those thinkers that could accept the idea that the life of some individuals is a piece of art itself, then the answer is "a big role".
7. Where did you study?I had a scientific background and then applied for the Academy of Fine Arts in Florence.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?Less work and more travels.
9. What about in ten?Quit work and just travels.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?Peace of mind, which I hope I will never find by the way.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Second easy question: Pizza, the Queen of all foods.
12. Favourite book?Too many, I don't have one.
13. Favourite genre of music?Hip Hop, the 90s kind.
14. What are your hobbies?Don't have any, sorry.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?A bird.