1. What's your story? Where are you from?I’m a 21 year old illustrator from Cincinnati Ohio studying Fine Art at the University of Cincinnati.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.My aesthetic revolves mostly around crisp lines, lively colors, and a focus on the subjects of mental illness, quirks both good and bad, as well as substance abuse.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?My favorite medium is a pen and paper, though almost all of my work makes it into photoshop at some point.
4. What is your artistic process like?My process usually just sketching something out on paper, then going over it again in permanent marker. Once i have a design I’m satisfied with i’ll photograph it and bring the image into photoshop where I can add color and make small edits.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I am inspired by nearly anything, but most prominently movies and rap music, as well as the urban environment I’m currently living in.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art plays a huge role in my life; even as a child doodling has been a natural hobby of mine, and has always allowed me to feel expressive.
7. Where did you study?I am currently still studying at the University of Cincinnati DAAP program
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?In 5 years (fingers crossed) I hope to have a small company i can either own or work with in order to use my work as a means to support myself.
9. What about in ten?Holy cow who knows, maybe clown college
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I hope to make people laugh, but also maybe give them a little bit of insight into the world of mental illnesses that perhaps they had never considered before.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?My favorite food is pretty much anything Mexican. I have an innate craving for Mexican food that i cannot describe.
12. Favourite book?Books scare me
13. Favourite genre of music?Rap/Hip hop
14. What are your hobbies?My hobbies include doodling and drinking
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?If i wasn’t an artist I’m not sure i’d be sane