Instagram: @werdna_myl Tumblr: werdnaillustration.tumblr.com Website: www.andrewwerdna.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?Hello, I am a freelance illustrator living and working in London.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.Simple is the best for me, breaking something down to a refined form. I love to use bold colours, subtle use of texture and no outlines. I try to replicate the aesthetics of print in my work.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?My favourite is to paint large scale murals, I like seeing my work larger than life.
4. What is your artistic process like?I start in my sketchbook drawing lots of roughs until I have something I like. I then take it out of the sketchbook and tighten up the drawing before getting into Photoshop to colour and finish. The hardest part is getting the initial idea, after that the rest pretty enjoyable.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I take a little from everything; I have plenty of photos on my phone of things I see when I’m out. The photos can just be reminders of something that I thought about earlier in the day.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art is everything to me; it’s a huge part of my life. It gives me a different way of seeing things; I think the world would be sad without it.
7. Where did you study?I studied illustration at Manchester School of Art.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?Hopefully still doing what I love, with lots of work and clients. I would love a studio with a print setup and room for a dog.
9. What about in ten?Again to be still doing what I love to do and be comfortable :)
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I want to be living off it, continuing to develop and experiment. Also to make people smile
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Pizza, nothing comes close.
12. Favourite book?Jahreszeiten (Seasons) by Blexbolex.
13. Favourite genre of music?Rap/ Hip Hop.
14. What are your hobbies?Eating, football and drawing.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?A pizzaiolo (a man who makes pizza).