Instagram: @yeahyeahchloe Website: www.yeahyeahchloe.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I studied a Bachelor of Visual Arts majoring in sculpture and went on to do my teaching degree. At the moment I am working on a series of paintings and in my spare time, I am a high school art teacher in Queensland, Australia.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I am a plain jane. I use flat colours and clean lines. And a lot of pinks. Pink makes everything look a little better.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I have started moving from digital back into a painting which I am really enjoying. I feel like its a little more hands-on and more satisfying, at the same time its a completely new medium for me, so it comes with its frustrations.
4. What is your artistic process like?My process is pretty methodical. I start off with a concept, which becomes a drawn outlined sketch, which I turn into a digital image. From there I now use that as my base to create my paintings.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?The world and all the strange things in it.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?It makes everything a little more bearable.
7. Where did you study?I started off in Darwin and finished it in Lismore.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?To be honest I have no idea. Everything has moved pretty quickly in the last 6 months so I try not to predict the future anymore. Hopefully still alive, creating shitty art.
9. What about in ten?This is definitely future Chloe's problem.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?Make the world a slightly better place to look at.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?All of them.
12. Favourite book?Animal Farm by George Orwell.
13. Favourite genre of music?It depends on my mood - I continually move from rap to hardcore to k-pop depending on what I'm feeling.
14. What are your hobbies?Eating while stalking the internet.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Sad and bored.