Instagram: @lalala_sun Website: www.lalalajisun.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I majored in interior design in Seoul, worked for five years as an interior designer, and then mastered product design at Kingston University in London. I came to London to study design because I wanted to see and experience the work of students from different perspectives.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I think it's important to have aesthetically beautiful designs. When I see a product that is not beautiful, sometimes I get angry. But before that, the reason, story and why this design is needed are more important. How do I think differently from others? This is the first question.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I like to make collages using paper at the idea stage. I think it is important to make basic modeling with materials that can feel a three-dimensional feeling. Since paper is easy to handle and various colors can be purchased easily, various prototypes of shapes and colors can be carried out. After that, I use a 3D program to do precise and detailed work.
4. What is your artistic process like?Once an idea comes up, I look for the perfect form, color, and proportion on the basis of simplicity. I think the perfect design should accompany the story. Then find a unique material.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Everything I see and feel in my everyday life is my inspiration. That's why the wide variety of exhibitions, design areas, and trips are a great source of inspiration.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?It inspires me and helps me think creatively. Looking at my favorite works or products makes me feel good all day long.
7. Where did you study?After studying interior design, I studied product and furniture design as a master.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?I'm working on a project with people who have the same perspective as me in the design field.
9. What about in ten?I want to create from branding to design as an art director.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I want to stimulate people's thoughts through my design work. I want to proceed with the design of a new perspective that does not exist through ideas, materials and forms.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?If there is a dish made from fresh ingredients, I love everything. And I especially like noodles.
12. Favourite book?I like books with good graphic design. Sometimes reading is boring.
13. Favourite genre of music?There is no favorite genre. The music I listen to on that day depends on my mood. I don't like loud music.
14. What are your hobbies?I like the process of cooking and eating with people who like it.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Maybe a cook?
Comments are closed.