Instagram: @_micalucas Shop: www.micalucas.bigcartel.com Website : www.micalucas.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina but I'm living in Barcelona since 2 years ago. I love my country but I wanted to give a twist to my routine, I like new experiences and exploring new things. Plus Barcelona has a beautiful beach □ haha.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I like to put a lot of details on my paintings and work on the texture of the things I represent and I'm very obsessive about light and volumetric contrast.
3. What is your favorite medium and why?I love acrylic on linen, it is my favourite. I like the sound and friction of the brush meeting the canvas texture and the way I can manipulate the acrylic.
4. What is your artistic process like?I work with what I feel in a period of time, i like to paint nature, but recently i just like to paint anything! It is always modified and related to what the present world and personal context contributes. I work at my home studio. When I have an idea I usually take pictures, draw, also sketch a lot digitally, which gives me a closer idea of the composition, and then I make color tests on paper. That accelerates the process for the final painting. Though its always changing while im working on it, maybe I add or remove something, but I already now what I want, or get the feeling of it.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I like to reflect about the relation between human life, routine and the very strong connection/disconnection with nature. Also, the organic geometry of plants gives me some spontaneous, which I like, because im very obsessed with details haha. I try to see as much art as I can, different artists, it inspires me a lot.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Painting and drawing is what i do since i remember. It's the way i live, maybe im just walking and i look at something and i think "i want to paint that". It is my way of saying things about how i feel in the world without revealing all of my thoughts, Or just for creating itself, it's really fun to bring an idea to life. At the same time its my work, so it's a constant challenge that demands a lot of commitment, research and continuity. That's why it's important to learn new things frequently.
7. Where did you study?I studied graphic design in Buenos Aires but decided to be a full-time painter and illustrator artist so i made my own way into painting as a self thought, and It was a hard, long process to find my identity. Then I took some courses related.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?Painting, Illustrating, that for sure, It's what I am, but exploring new possibilities, I really don't have another specific visualization, the world changes really fast and im ready to take the risks and challenges or new opportunities that would help me to develop on my field.
9. What about in ten?I hope I'm still painting and working a lot, but also with a pleasant life, fun, friends, love, family! And I hope I have new projects and challenges.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?My goal is to work and live my life doing what I like, succeed working with what i love is a big achieve already. I'm always very excited to do more collaboration projects. And love to think that people have a piece of my work in their homes, where they give a story and a new perspectives to it.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?I love healthy, nutritional food. Homemade :) . And healthy complete cheats as well, like almond butter haha..empanadas.. So every tasty food becomes a favorite
12. Favourite book?Right now im reading and loving “Fama y Soledad de Picasso,” by Jhon Berger. And im enjoying it a lot.
13. Favourite genre of music?It depends on what im doing, if I want to be focused, or I want to work faster, or just relax, or sing, or dance !
14. What are your hobbies?I like to exercise like 4 times a week, read books, I love taking pictures, playing with music, cooking, and I love spending as much time outside as i can on the weekends.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I guess I would be just another kind of artist, in a different artistic structure haha I don't see myself in other thing, this is who I choose to be.
Comments are closed.