1.What's your story? Where are you from?I have loved drawing for as long as I can remember, and for the times that I can’t recall, I have my mom and dad to thank for saving all of my old doodles. I am from a small, but nice city called Graz in Austria. A short while ago I moved to Berlin to develop my own skills, creativity and potential. Actually, I didn’t want to stay there very long, but I felt in love with the city and now Berlin is my new home. I owe my new love and passion for graffiti and street art to this city and I am currently working on my spraying skills.
2.Tell us about your aesthetic.I spent years drawing nonstop, watching my style change almost everyday. Bit by bit a few details and colors became more and more recurrent in my drawings and I became more confident with my own style. My aesthetic is definitely not perfect, you won’t find one straight line. I am in love with this sketchy inaccurate style.
3.What is your favourite medium and why?I use Photoshop and sometimes Illustrator, but my favourite medium always will be pen and paper. I am doing all the outlines analog, cause I love how it looks when I combine analog outlines and digital coloring. Also using pen and paper relaxes me.
4.What is your artistic process like?I always have a sketchbook with me, cause I mostly draw situations, which really happened to me. When something bothers me or something funny happens, I draw/write my feelings and thoughts down. That could happen anytime. At a party with friends, in the bus, everywhere... Later, I combine all my notes, feelings and thoughts and start to draw. First, I draw an analog outline and scan it and then I fill the outline with color on my PC.
5.Who and/or what inspires your work?Everyday situations, people I meet, my dreams and feelings. Especially sadness arouses my creativity a lot. When I am super sad, I could draw the whole day. That’s why some of my illustrations are a bit melancholic.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art helps me a lot to work through negative and positive feelings. I am not good with words and with my drawings I can show people how I feel.
7.Where did you study?I am studying Informationdesign in Graz, but I will graduate in September.
8.Where do you see yourself in five years?I want to be a freelance Illustrator and tattoo artist, put on a solo gallery show, paint huge murals and and and ...I will hopefully do what I love. ART!
9.What about in ten?ART! ART! ART!
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?With my art I want to express my feelings, thoughts and stories. I hope that my art helps other people to fight their demons and to get along with sadness.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Definitely Pizza!
12. Favourite book?I am in love with all the Harry Potter books. Magic fascinates me. You’re never too old for those books!
13. Favourite genre of music?Oh my taste in music is a little strange. I love death metal and metal core, but I also like listening to rap and hip-hop a lot. And Jazz, I love Jazz. Well, something of everything.
14. What are your hobbies?A lot of my free time I am spending on drawing. But I also like to watch TV-shows, read books, meet friends and go outside for a walk.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?That’s a hard question. I would be a cook or a confectioner, I guess. I love cooking and baking a lot, but I don’t have enough time for it. When I was a child my dad showed me how to cook/bake and he gave me a lot of awesome recipes.
Comments are closed.