Instagram: @another_poster/ @gary_percival Behance: www.behance.net/GaryPercival Website: www.garypercival.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I’m a freelance graphic designer specialising in design for print. I’ve been freelancing for over 5 years. I was born in Hertfordshire, U.K. and currently live just outside London.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.My style is quite minimalist and very clean. I love playing with typography and colours. As well as serious themes I like to have fun with my designs.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I sketch rough ideas but mostly work in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Sometimes I explore initial ideas through other mediums like photography, paint, ink and spray-paint.
4. What is your artistic process like?I like to start my day very early in the morning with a long walk. This is when I come up with a lot of my ideas. Anything could be a creative trigger. I often try to think of a clever creative twist. I will then tidy my desk, have a look at Instagram and then put my music on and remain stuck in front of the computer for far too long…
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Every day life and objects, music, nostalgia and other artists.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art gives me a sense of satisfaction from creating something new everyday. I like the challenge of executing briefs and following projects from the start to the end, overcoming obstacles along the way.
7. Where did you study?I’ve always enjoyed drawing and art was my favourite subject at school. I’m self taught and continuously strive to learn new things.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?Hopefully still being a very successful freelancer.
9. What about in ten?I really don’t know, as long as I am not a grandad yet!
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?Inspire others.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?I love clean, fresh tastes and have always been adventurous with my food. Japanese & Thai food, plenty of seafood, olive oil and hot chilli heat are my staple.
12. Favourite book?How to Win Friends & Influence People — Dale Carnegie, Essentialism — Greg McKeown and must always have the latest Monocle magazine.
13. Favourite genre of music?Headphones always half on when I’m working — I have listened to Techno from day one and continue listening to the latest DJ sets on SoundCloud.
14. What are your hobbies?Getting fresh farm produce to cook with for my family. Chasing supercars around London with my son. Red wine and Netflix.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Instagram Foodie.
Comments are closed.