1. What's your story? Where are you from?Hi, I’m Marion, I’m French and Im 25. I was born in Nantes and I’m living in Lyon since few months.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I think (and I hope) that my pictures are tender and poetic. I like to create with simple shapes, people, objects, nature … I’m often inspired by the childish world and I like to use soft colours.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Drawing, for sure ! Paper/pencil is the perfect match ! But I work more and more with my computer, particularly with Photoshop. Usually i draw, then i scan my draws to color them on screen. I discover lots of possibilities to use and transform my pictures.
4. What is your artistic process like?One word : intuition. I follow my feelings, I catch all ideas that comes to my mind. Sometimes, I take a blank paper et I let my imagination go. Often, I don’t have a precise idea of what I want to do, I just let go my mind. Pleasure, no pressure ! Usually, I draw directly with black pencil, without corrections. So, all my pictures have small defects and I like their imperfection.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?All around me : people, street, nature, or situations (sometimes my dreams). A lot of artists made me desire and inspiration to create, in many different creative fiels : drawing, painting, sculpture, architecture, music...
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?« Art is everywhere in my life » HAHA, So, so, banal ! I have always observed things around me. Unconsciously, I think that I am always looking for beauty, even small details in my environment. I find inspiration in what I see. And I really think the art is magic : i love to materialize an idea or an intimate emotion on paper.
7. Where did you study?I have an atypical school career : five years in social sciences and one million questionnings later , I decided to change my direction. Today, I studying in space design. So I draw on my free time and I REALLY would like to have MORE TIME for that.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?Work in an agency or for myself, whatever. I just hope i’ll love my work and to love my job, and that I will always be as passionate as today. I hope to have many beautiful projects. I hope to create a lot of varied things : in space design, graphic design, product design… i’m curious to discover many creative fields.
9. What about in ten?More and more fun professional, and also personal projects : start a family, and many travels, travels, travels … i would like !
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I hope to bring tender and positive vibes. I hope to create pictures that make good emotions to people.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Asian food, for sure ! (But to be honest, i have too an obsession for chips)
12. Favourite book?I do not take enough time for that. But recently, i read « Comme par magie » by Elizabeth Gilbert. She writes about how we should to live more creatively ; how we can to capture everything we love, and to face our fears. She spreads positive and hope words.
13. Favourite genre of music?It’s according to my moods, or a particular crush for a music. I listen very different things. Usually, i use music to relax and to focus myself, so i like soft and instrumental music. I’ll give you a song that transport me in an other world : « Maps », a wonder composing by Emancipator.
14. What are your hobbies?I love to draw, to take photos, to travel and discover new countries/cultures, to be with my friends and my family. Simple things of life. (And sleep, yes i loooove to sleep!)
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Joker ! I promised I have tried to find a good answer but I don’t know…
Comments are closed.