Instagram: @cesarpelizer Website: www.cesarpelizer.co.uk
1. What's your story? Where are you from?Hi, my name is César Pelizer, or just Ces, I'm 28 years old and one of the 174381928 Illustrator and Animators based in London, UK.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.My aesthetic is very simple; I like to keep things as simple as possible, plain colours and almost symmetric shapes.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Recently I've been exploring more and more the 3D world, but somehow still keeping my 2D style, I see the 3D more as an asset for the animation I do rather than how it looks.
4. What is your artistic process like?I love using sketchbooks, but the final results are always completely different from the first hand drawn sketch.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I'm a massive Magritte fan; I think that's quite obvious in my work.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Arts plays a huge part in everyone's life, maybe people don't think about it but pretty much everything you consume is art in some form, whether it is music, films, books or even that funny TV show you like. Art is a good distraction; life without it would be pretty bleak.
7. Where did you study?I am mainly self-taught. I've started a Graphic Design course but dropped out of university within a few months, when I got offered an internship in an animation studio.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?In five years I'd probably like to spend less time in front of the computer.
9. What about in ten?In ten years I'd probably like to spend more time in front of the computer.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I would really like to make more short films and self-initiated projects. This will hopefully attract more interesting commercial jobs, rather than just doing work to just pay the bills.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?I'm a pretty average 28 year old guy that likes to do pretty average 28 year old stuff. My favourite food is pizza and in my spare time you can find me hanging out with my wife and cat, playing music, going to gigs or having a pint and probably talking about animation with some animation friends. Pretty niche.
12. Favourite book?I will never forget the first page of Without Feathers, where Woody Allen describes how he had an uneasy feeling that some men were trying to break into his room to shampoo him. Very strange situation, no idea what would happen next but it generates many questions.
13. Favourite genre of music?As a drummer, I generally listen to music that I could play so nothing too far from Television or The Feelies.
14. What are your hobbies?Playing drums, not much else.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Probably a professional dog walker or a park-keeper.
Comments are closed.