Instagram: @elisatalentino Website: www.elisatalentino.it
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I was born in Ivrea, a town in the north of Italy. I grew up in a countryside place and then I moved to Turin, where I studied at the Fine Art Academy.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I like to build simple, graphic and decorative images, telling as much as possible with the least number of signs.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I love all the etching techniques, I work especially with monotype and screen printing.
4. What is your artistic process like?Illustration is the major part of my work; painting is my first love and analogical techniques I use to illustrate allow me to satisfy this passion.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I like to be inspired by the color of the nature, especially the bird ones, which are absolutely perfect, as often happens in nature. The environment is a big color chart if you can see it: it does the color proofs for you.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?I couldn’t imagine my life without creating something, it’s a way to bear the reality painting it with beautiful shapes.
7. Where did you study?I studied Fine Arts for two years in Turin, one in Spain and one in Portugal.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?I hope in various places, I never visited Asia, for example.
9. What about in ten?Maybe living in a country place in a big home-studio.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I hope my work would bring people serenity and an immersion in beauty.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Gnocchi, and all the fresh vegetables
12. Favourite book?The savage detectives, Roberto Bolaño
13. Favourite genre of music?There isn't one in particular, I love indie folk, indie rock, popular/traditional Latin American music, classic, electronic, and more.
14. What are your hobbies?I love to study the plants and the birds, I practice aerial silk and ashtanga yoga, I like the cinema and reading.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I would have liked to study architecture or herbal medicine.