Instagram: @gautiersalome Website: www.salomegautier.com Behance: www.behance.net/salomegautier
1. What's your story? Where are you from?My name is Salomé, I’m 27. I work as a freelance web and graphic for a few years now. I’m from Belgium, I studied in Brussels, but live in Namur.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.People use to say that my illustration style is feminine. I quite a lot like working “female esthetic” with sweet colors, without too many details and a lot of simplicity.
3. What is your favorite medium and why?I quite a lot working vector format, and flat design.
4. What is your artistic process like?I am essentially starting my work with my trackpad and move then to illustrator. I switch to Photoshop and “play” with a big panel of colors.
5. Who and/or what inspire your work?I am fond of artists like Malika Favre or Tom Haugomat.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?As I start my work, I am literally feeling free. With acoustic background music, I could go on for hours without seeing the time flying away. I only stop, as I feel entirely happy with the result.
7. Where did you study?I learned the bases from the drawing within the framework of my studies at IATA Namur. I then graduated from a major school of graphic and design, ESA St-Luc Brussels.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?Oh, I don't really worry much! I live each day as it comes. For sure, I actually love my job, and I hope it will be still the same in 5 years. Time will tell ;)
9. What about in ten?Alive?
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I want to have fun. Try to do beautiful things, illustrations that inspire people, speak to them, touch them as it touches me. My work is a form of therapy, I let express what I deeply feel, and only then I look backward and think about what I did.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favorite food?I could eat pasta days and nights, and nights and days…
12. Favorite book?I’d rather prefer movies… I love so much Wes Anderson's work, graphically and cinematically speaking. I am also fond of Hayao Miyazaki's universe.
13. Favorite genre of music?Mhhhh, trip-hop, and sweet acoustic music, as it is for creating. As it’s for dancing, “As long as there is a bass guitar, there is hope”
14. What are your hobbies?My work, discover new stuff, cinema, friends, music…
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I could see myself in the medical and paramedical world.