1. What's your story? Where are you from?My name is Ko Hye Won. I'm Korean. I liked art since I was young. So I didn't even think about a job other than art. Art is indispensable to me.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.First of all, art is a kind of art that expresses a person's feelings or thoughts in a visual and sculptural way. The main sense in art is vision. So there is a reason why I use collage often. Collage is more realistic than painting and clearly shows what I'm trying to convey. The most important thing in art is my own opinion. The picture should contain the meaning one wants to convey. I visualize my inner self. This is my aesthetic.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?The media I often use is Photoshop. Photoshop is easy to use when working once you learn it. It was easy to express as I imagined. I like Photoshop but I also want to learn other programs.
4. What is your artistic process like?Set the goal of one painting a day and try to draw steadily. And even if the picture is a failure, post it on Instagram. This is because I try to draw better after seeing a failure.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I'm often inspired by trivial things. My friend's impressive words or passionate paintings or writings by young artists stimulate me. When inspired, write it down and imagine a lot about it.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?My life is an art itself. It imagines everything and relates to art. I deliberately try to imagine like a child. A child's thoughts are pure and imaginative. I always try new things after looking at my daily life through various incidents.
7. Where did you study?Since my parents are artists, I naturally enjoyed art as well. I also attended an art academy and currently attending Sangmyung University in Seoul.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?I think I will be a freelancer after graduating from college. I'm already famous, so I can see my paintings all over the street.
9. What about in ten?I think I'll be writing this in 10 minutes. Haha.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I want to achieve this era with art. I want to become a famous world-class painter. I will use it really well when I have that kind of influence. I will not stop at just painting or being a painter, but also address issues such as social problems or the environment.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?My favorite food is bread. I like noodles or bread, which is flour food.
12. Favourite book?I try to read books often. I am interested in books about philosophy. Where did humans come from and where did the end come from? I'm really curious.
13. Favourite genre of music?I like indie music. Among Korean indie singers, I like WISUE. I also listen to a lot of pop songs, but I really like the OH WONDER group. Amongst them, I listen to a song called Happy these days.
14. What are your hobbies?My hobby is exercising. I like almost all sports such as swimming, basketball, badminton, climbing, etc. Exercising makes me happy.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I like sports so much that I want to work in sports or do sports. Moving your body is so much fun.
Comments are closed.