Instagram: @jlo.illustration Tumblr: marierigaud.tumblr.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?My name is Marie and I am a freelance graphic designer in Toulouse. Initially, I wanted to become a stylist, so I started studying fashion. However, I quickly realized that I was more passionate about drawing than sewing. So I changed lanes and I started graphism.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I don’t think I have a specific style. I am inspired by everything and my drawings will depend on how my mood is. The only thing I can say is that they are very colorful, I do not limit myself on that. The more color there is, the better I am.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I mainly use my graphics tablet. I have more choice in terms of colors. But when I'm traveling, I always take my notebooks and colored pencils with me.
4. What is your artistic process like?I draw almost every day. I often have white leaf syndrome, it's the mess in my head. And boom, suddenly inspiration comes and I do not take off my office until I'm satisfied with my illustration. ( or work )
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I'm inspired by everything, I have no limit. It can be anything ... Right now, I'm drawing a lot of women and felines.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Without art, I will not know what to do. I miss a lot of confidence in myself and when I draw, I feel better. It's like a drug, I need it every day to feel better...
7. Where did you study?I did my BTS graphic design at the Lycée des Arènes in Toulouse.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?Where the wind will carry me! As a freelancer, I'm lucky to be able to work where I want. But first, I want to succeed in graphics, then I'll see! ;)
9. What about in ten?Anywhere except Toulouse!
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I hope to be recognized later but the most essential for me is to share my illustrations and create an emotion.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Pasta!
12. Favourite book?Le comte de Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. I read it 5 times !!
13. Favourite genre of music?I am very eclectic, but a small preference for old bands. (Pink Floyd, Deep Purple ...)
14. What are your hobbies?Eat.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Egyptologue.
Comments are closed.