Instagram: @jrddart Twitter: @JoshuaDrakes
1. What's your story? Where are you from?My name is Joshua Drakes. I am a Graphic Designer, Digital Artist and Photographer based in Manchester, UK. Originally from London!
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.My aesthetic is loud colours and simple artwork. Sometimes a bit complex depending on how I want the artwork to make me feel when I create it.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?My favourite medium is Digital Collage / Illustration. I find this medium the best way for me to create what I'm currently thinking or what I'm inspired by.
4. What is your artistic process like?Usually my process is either listening or viewing something art related to get my creative juices flowing or I just go into Photoshop and start creating!
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I'm inspired by artists like Warhol, Dali amongst the few. But the biggest person who inspires me is myself.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?It made me change how I viewed the things around me, like the adverts I see every day or the colours I see. Art is life and Life is Art.
7. Where did you study?I studied in my local University for a year.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?I hope to become a successful Digital Artist or Photographer travelling the world!
9. What about in ten?Maybe then I'd like to start my own creative agency.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I hope to change people's views on digital art and how it is viewed in the traditional space. I want to see more Digital artist in museums.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Brown stewed chicken with rice and peas. The ol' Caribbean way.
12. Favourite book?Share your work.
13. Favourite genre of music?Hip Hop
14. What are your hobbies?Photography, cooking and exploring.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Probably still in a crappy job being a salesman.
Comments are closed.