1. What's your story? Where are you from?My name is Judit Orosz. I'm from rural Hungary but I'm currently living in Budapest. I'm a freelance artist, illustrator and animated filmmaker. I do commission works for my clients while I try to manage /come up with my own ideas. It took me a while to convince myself that I am talented enough to make a living from my art. But finally, here I am! I live with my husband and our 3 kids. I have the loveliest life I could dream of.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I'm mostly driven by children's books and picture books. I'm inspired by nature, music, poetry and my memories and dreams. I am a sketchbook addict too so I love to sink into the blank pages without any expectation - it's so refreshing.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I love watercolor, gouache, aquarelle pastels and color pencils. For digital art, I love my iPad Pro and the app Procreate.
4. What is your artistic process like?I always start with composition sketches then I choose the right direction. I love to make color palettes and make researches to find the most inspiring color combinations. The further steps depend on the materials and the purpose of the given work.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?People's trust and interest in my art can give me a lot of inspiration. I am a lot more motivated to create whatever I like since I’ve become a mom. I love studying art, looking around the internet, following studio vlogs on youtube, but I always try to be careful with this. I shouldn't consume too much of it because I also want to focus on my own voice.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?I'm basically an idealistic person, and I believe art can make this world a better place. Maybe it sounds cheesy but at the bottom of my heart, I truly think like that. In my daily life, I can see things through my very own layer, just like a child. It's so nice that I could retain and train this skill throughout my life so far.
7. Where did you study?I studied animation at MOME, Budapest.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?I published some picture books and hosted creative workshops for local people, kids and grownups. I have a webshop where I sell my prints and designer toys.
9. What about in ten?I would love to have more picture books and creative books. I hope this five-year plan leads me to a lot of valuable opportunities. I hope I will manage to stick to this direction. But I'd also like to make something new that I can't even imagine right now.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I think I should do this as long as I love this. I hope I could make my audience happy and inspired, make them reflect more on themselves. When I show my art it should inspire people to tell their own story, it's not about me anymore and this perspective gives me a lot of motivation.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?I love to eat, haha! I love to cook for ourselves at home but when I eat out, I prefer Thai, Vietnamese and Indian food. Fresh fruits and vegetables, smoothies are also very important for me.
12. Favourite book?I love handbooks about art, creativity, DIY.
13. Favourite genre of music?Classical, jazz, alternative, soul.
14. What are your hobbies?My biggest passion is hiking on the National Blue Trail which is a 1128km long trail in Hungary. It will take us years to achieve the whole length because we mostly take our kids to hike, but it's wonderful. Music, singing is another great hobby of mine.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Probably a musician. As a kid, I spent a lot of time with music, but I had terrible stage fright at some point. Making art is suitable for me but deep inside there is a rabbit-hearted musician in me.
Comments are closed.