Instagram: @khunpa Blog: lazymondayafternoon.wordpress.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I am from Thailand the land of talented people :) . When I was 4 years old, I found out I could use the crayons to create some doodles better than most of fella kindergarteners so I keep practicing it through out the years hoping one day I can take more serious step into this field. As I grew, I learnt that I was not the only one who can do art, there are good amount of people who could create something tremendous. My art career kind of faded away. Still, doing art is something i cant stop, so I keep doing as a hobby. Up until now, what ever career I pursued, couldnt stop me thinking back to be an artist. So that's it, the way to go. My life is bonded with color, hand draw, brushes and spreading my quietness on to the paper.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I have the feeling that beauty is not only what your vision allows you to see. It is something that shows itself in many terms, could be smell, atmosphere, sound, the matter of feelings, dreams or everything all together. For me, the aesthetic is that I do my watercolor, using the colors I like, seeing those colors blending in together on the good quality paper, in a well lit room with cozy vibe. Importantly, my favourite cup of coffee on the table. Sounds good to you too? Maybe? You can see that beauty is not only about the outcome.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Watercolor!!!!! shout out. Watercolor makes you a calm person, teaches you to wait.... and be gentle. It gives you that "go with the flow" feeling and you are not even afraid, you are more excited about it.
4. What is your artistic process like?The beginning of the piece for me start with the feelings. If I feel blue, I want to color something accordingly to my feeling at the time. Then you start figure out the colors to use, and the forms to fit in. And then I let the fun begin.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Could be buildings, plants, fruits. If you look closely in those things, they have such unique characters and interesting details. You will never see leaves on the same branch have the same curves.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Hmmm, I never thought about this....I think maybe it makes me more understanding person, as you yourself make a lot of accidentally mistakes in the process of creating your art and you kind of like "Oh shit! this didnt go as a plan" couple minutes later you are like "Nah, it's not that bad" so it adjusts your attitude gradually to be more open and let things be as they are....If that makes sense?
7. Where did you study?I studied jewelry design in my uni years, I never knew I didnt like it untill I started working. Luckily, I had one close colleague that introduce me to watercolor and gave me all the basics about it.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?Happily painting in my own little studio (hopefully).
9. What about in ten?Happily painting in my own little studio just older lol.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?Ah, Do a lot of it and people enjoy them.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Definitely, Sushi! with the soy sauce and wasabi. Refreshing up my day.
12. Favourite book?Harry potter....You can call me geek, I dont mind.
13. Favourite genre of music?This could be anything that is not over instrumented, anything that is not too electronic. I like hearing the real instrument, sometimes I try extracting one sound out from others.
14. What are your hobbies?Exercise, I need it after the whole day sitting and painting.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?A secret artist?, like keep doing art as the background of my life....I could work in the office and keep being a secret artist at the same time.
Comments are closed.