Instagram: @kotayamaji Twitter: @kotayamaji Facebook: www.facebook.com/kotayamaji Behance: www.behance.net/kotayamaji Artstation: www.artstation.com/kotayamaji Vimeo: www.vimeo.com/kotayamaji Curioos: www.curioos.com/kotayamaji Ello: www.ello.co/kotayamaji Patreon: www.patreon.com/kotayamaji Website: www.kotayamaji.jp
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I was born in 1991, Tokyo, Japan. I grew up surrounded by Manga, Anime in my childhood, so drawing Manga every day. After graduated from high school, I decided to enter Tama Art University to study graphic design. In Tama Art University, I was studying to create graphic design, music video, typography etc.. After that, I became freelance digital artist based in Tokyo, Japan.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.Combination of colour and shape.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Computer graphics such as 3DCG because I am used to operating.
4. What is your artistic process like?I do mind-mapping and sketches on paper. After that, I start to create artwork using digital tools.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Who: Salvador Dali, René Magritte, Yuni Yoshida, Antoni Tudisco, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Yohji Yamamoto. What: Fashion, Music, Animation
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art is the only way for me to express myself.
7. Where did you study?Tama Art University Tokyo, Japan.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?Working with various of people all over the world.
9. What about in ten?Making collection of works. Having personal exhibition.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?Give someone great hope of life.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?“Nabe” - Japanese stew
12. Favourite book?"The Conquest of Happiness” - Bertrand Russell, "Sapiens : A Brief History of Humankind" - Yuval Noah Harari.
13. Favourite genre of music?Rock.
14. What are your hobbies?Reading books.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I’d like to be musician.
Comments are closed.