Instagram: @leonardoworx Twitter: @leonardoworx Facebook: www.facebook.com/lwxfanpage Website: www.behance.net/leonardoworx
1. What's your story? Where are you from?Hi my name is Leonardo and I come from Florence (Italy). Since I was a kid, I always was intrigued and fascinated by computers, coding, and making stuff with technology. I started making artworks just for fun. Since almost 10 years I can do this 24 hours a day selling my personal stuff and working for clients and agencies.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.In my artworks I always research the way to express my feelings, memories, life experiences, trying to give life and personality to geometries and designs. I spend a lot of time studying color combinations, I really love it. Since almost one year and half i’m fascinated by 70’s/80’s typography and product design.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?All my works are made in 3D computer graphic. The reason is that I can create my own reality, playing with lighting as a photographer and build my artworks as installations in various spaces. As I started my career making interactive art installations in museums and art galleries, 3D computer graphics give me the freedom to create and imagine everything I have in mind without boundaries.
4. What is your artistic process like?Usually (if is not a commission from a client), I start listening to my mood, then, while music is playing, I think about forms and colors. After some sketches made in illustrator, or on my iPad, I start and finish everything in 3D.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I’m always intrigued by science, physics, math, music, geometry connected to the human being.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art has always been a necessity, “like a universal language” that gave me the chance to communicate and share my feelings with the rest of the world. I’m lucky, cause I live making art. Art changes me everyday, but most of all, it changed my perception of time and space dimensions.
7. Where did you study?After high-school I studied Music and New technologies here in Florence, I never did a specific design or visual art school.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?Somewhere around the world. In the past years I travelled a lot, but I always try to enjoy life everyday, every single moment, searching for new experiences and new people to meet.
9. What about in ten?Always enjoying life, I don’t know where and with who, but with the right mood everything will be exciting!
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I would like to achieve strong feedbacks like “This is beautiful” but also “ This is really ugly”, cause in some way it means that my artwork expressed something (good or bad). The worst feedback I can receive is “This is pretty”… cause its like what I created was inexpressive and without a soul.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?As an Italian, I really enjoy mediterranean food, I love good cheese , but also japanese is in my top ten!
12. Favourite book?I read a lot, but “Dance, dance, dance” by Murakami Haruki is always my favourite!
13. Favourite genre of music?I listen to every kind of music. My top 5 are: Hip Hop, post-rock, 80’s electronic music, classic and also movie soundtracks.
14. What are your hobbies?I love skateboarding with my friends, making beats in finger drumming, playing video games (retro games), travelling and a lot more.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Maybe a comedian, as I really like to see people smiling ;)
Comments are closed.