1. Whatâs your story? Where are you from?Iâm Marie, a French freelance illustrator, I grew up in southwest of France. Iâve always loved drawing and I decided to make it my job at 17 by studying illustration.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I notice that my illustrations all round with a lot of color and different atmospheres.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Digital because it is easy and more practical to take everywhere with either even if I really like painting.
4. What is your artistic process like?I like to draw curvy women to represent femininity and that you can feel like a woman in any body. And I like to send a positive messages.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I am inspired by what I see around me, people, series, movies, books or in the internet, the news.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?I think that art makes me even another perception of the world with more imagination. I am going to assign shapes of clouds, leaves or trees or cityscapes to ideas that I could turn into illustrations.
7. Where did you study?I have studied in Bordeaux in France in art school.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?I hope to live fully in my job, to be happy and travel a lot.
9. What about in ten?Same answer as the previous one with even more fun.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I hope to send positive messages and make people smile.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?My favorite food is that of Italy. I love pasta, I could eat every day especially pesto pasta.
12. Favourite book?My book favorite is Persopolis by Marjane Satrapi.
13. Favourite genre of music?I like all kinds of music.
14. What are your hobbies?Read, I love to read, whether it is comics, novels, newspapers, magazines. I always like to learn things and discover new universes.
15. If you werenât an artist, what would you be?I think that I will still be in a job in creation, for example cabinetmaker.
Comments are closed.