Instagram: @marigoldff Facebook: www.facebook.com/giusy.amoroso91
1. What's your story? Where are you from?My name is Giusy Amoroso, I was born and raised in Naples but I moved to Rome 7 years ago, since then I started to work as a freelance artist and designer.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I have always been obsessed with symmetry but what really gives character and personality to my works is the use of Color that inspires me before to concern the shape.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Actually I don't have a favourite tool but I use often 3DstudioMax to express myself through the making process of different shapes, mostly abstract and Photoshop to realise my tridimensional artworks playing with lights, shades and Colors.. of course ;)
4. What is your artistic process like?"Make things complicated is easier than simplify them. To get them complicated you just need to add everything you want like colors, shapes, movement, ornaments, figures or places full of things. Everyone is good at complicate but just a few are able to simplify." That's what said one of the greatest designer, Bruno Munari and that's explain how I do my projects.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?When I learned about the Menphis Group founded by the designer Ettore Sottsass my life has changed and the way I look at things too. Probably I can tell that until that moment I wasn't able to find out the meaning and understand the different compositions of colors. I fell in love with their way to make things using great shapes and matching strong and powerful colors.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art is life, like Life is art. You can discover new worlds that everybody can see in a different way.
7. Where did you study?I finished my study at AANT (Arts and New Technology Academy) in Rome studying Interior and Product design where I learned about 3D Modelling and I was fascinated, so I finally find out the best way to express myself and I decided to learn more about it and go further.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?I'd rather work by myself sitting in front of my Mac sipping a cup of tea while listening to good music; but I want to make more collaborations in the future because I think is needful for both of the artists compare each other to get a personal improvement.
9. What about in ten?Too many, I don't go that far.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?There's no better quote to explain what I want to express than "We need to understand that until the art isn't involved into the problems of life, it is interesting just for few people."
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Everything is eatable □ (LOL) but Mango is always a good choice.
12. Favourite book?I don't read much.
13. Favourite genre of music?I grew up listening to 60-70's Rock like The Beatles and Jefferson Airplane but in this specific time of my life I usually listen to Electronic and Techno.
14. What are your hobbies?I love Photography and during my spare time I like to take some photos with same idea about Colors of my projects.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I'm not an artist, I'm a Cat □