1. What's your story? Where are you from?My name is Max, and I am an 18-year-old artist and photographer. My parents are originally from Russia but due to certain circumstances decided to move to Israel Tel-Aviv, where I currently live with both of my parents, my twin sister, and my two dogs. Here in Israel, we have a mandatory military service law so everyone here has to join the army at the age of 18 and that is what I'm currently doing. I always loved photography and editing and in the last few years I started to develop this hobby of mine into something more and thanks to Instagram I started viewing it in a much more professional light and decided that it's a field of work that I would love to join in the future.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I mainly love to take colorful photos, every photo that I usually take contains one main color and when put together, all of my photos create astonishing colors. A lot of my photos are in different shades of pink and in my opinion the pink color is associated with my photos and work. Furthermore, most of my photos are minimalistic and don't include a lot of items and details.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I focus mainly on editing so I refrain from using crafting materials but sometimes, in the process of creating the subject of the photo, I will use things such as paint and glitter.
4. What is your artistic process like?My artistic process begins with thinking about an idea for a photo, prepare everything that is needed for the photo and of course the thing that I am taking a picture of. The next thing I do is take the photo and start editing it which is the longest process of them all and can range between half an hour to two whole hours depending on the level of editing and preparation it takes to complete the photo.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?My inspiration can come from pretty much everything, there isn't something specific, I can get inspired by fashion or just something I saw on the streets. Sometimes the idea just pops up in my head. I usually take pictures of relatively simple things such as ice cream or pineapple and then I think of a way to make them more unique and original.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art plays a big role in my life, most of the time I find myself looking at things differently and try to think of a way to express it through my art, in my opinion, it's truly a wonderful thing because it lets me view the world from an entirely different angle.
7. Where did you study?I didn't really get a chance to study art thoroughly except at school where I took up art and graphics as my major. I am mostly self-taught because photography and editing were both things that I loved and found interesting, I took the time to learn and study it on my own.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?In five year's time, I see myself continuing to do what I love and progress as an artist and a photographer and mainly to improve as much as I can.
9. What about in ten?In ten years, of course, I would love to be a renowned artist and to be able to make the thing I love into my full-time job and profession.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?Like I said before, I would like to progress as much as I can in this field and become successful and to be able to make people view art in a colorful manner, expand their views of what is art and let them view art in a different light than before.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?My favorite foods are Sushi and Chocolate
12. Favourite book?Unfortunately, I'm not much of a book person thus I don't have a favorite book.
13. Favourite genre of music?I don't really focus on just one genre, meaning I like a vast variety of music genres and will give everything a shot.
14. What are your hobbies?My hobbies are mainly thinking about possible photo ideas, taking photos and editing and also drawing so basically art.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?If I weren't an artist I would have probably gotten into the fashion field.
Comments are closed.