Instagram: @mila_severtseva Behance: www.behance.net/milasevertseva Vimeo: www.vimeo.com/milasevertseva
1. What's your story? Where are you from?Hi! My name is Mila Severtseva, i'm 27 years old lady. I'm from Russia. I was born in Smolensk, but im living in Saint-Petersburg now. I'm sixth year here. I always feel myself as an artist. i started at my 16 years to do something, but i started creating really good works only 2-3 years ago. I spent very much time for creating something good. i worked hard, devoted to it all my free time. Now i continue to create abstract work, i got new ideas and try to develop them in my works.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I love beauty! I try to create beauty! i want that my works will be like fresh air in your life when you see it first time and second and so on. i want that all people are free from different bad feelings and thoughts, that they feel only beautiful ideas and are full of hopes and dreams! don't reflect just relax!
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I prefer acrylic, because i can realize my idea very fast and i can experiment. i love oil too, but oil takes so much time, it makes me sick.
4. What is your artistic process like?I always listen to music when i create work. I haven't problems with ideas. I just turn on the music and start to paint. Now I work on animation. I thing i finish it in one year. i make it using acrylic, but i want to include markers and pens.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I am grateful to those artists. Thank you for your art: M.I.A. Mathangi Basquiat movie "liquid sky" Steve Reich Felipe Pantone D-Pulse label Minimal Wave Pictureplane Light Asylum and Shanon Funchess Bjork i got so much inspiration mostly from music, but i got strong and faith in myself through the biographies of other artists. thank you for your stories!
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art is my life. I'm arty! i'm full of it! it changes me very much, because i work with it and i want to create good works and get recognition and success, but it takes so much time! I became a patient, hardworking, strong. Most importantly, I learned to wait and not rush. art is about dreams! art is the way for creation new worlds!
7. Where did you study?I got sociologist education 6 years ago, but i don't feel myself as a sociologist.I haven't artistic education. i think i dont need it at all. in our days we have internet and youtube and so much people near who can give nice a nice advice or help with practice.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?I hope I will have a contract with good gallery that will help me to sell my works. But i just want to have always opportunity for creatings canvases, animation, objects, installations, i want to show it to another people. I want to have rather time for creation it all and place for realisation.
9. What about in ten?I don't know! stay dreamer, of course !
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I don't want to be biggest artist in the world. i dont want to be like Picasso or Rothko or Ai Wei Wei. Now i have ideas, i want to realise them, i feel my way of abstraction, I'm crazy about creating abstract works, can't live without it. i want to create and show you it. i wand to be easy and enjoy life. i always blissful when i create, art makes me living. I seemed to wake up every time.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?I really adore it! adore chicken, strawberries, raspberries, fried potatoes, vegetable salads, nuts, mushroom soup. i were vegetarian about 5 years but i stopped it and now can't live without chicken yeah.
12. Favourite book?I love books about contemporary art.For example, A Brief History of Curating by Hans Ulrich Obrist or Performance Art: From Futurism to the Present by RoseLee Goldberg. Before i loved Theatre of the Absurd, Franz Kafka, Kurt Vonnegut, Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald, Paul Éluard, Federico García Lorca. now i only read books about contemporary art.
13. Favourite genre of music?I listened to so much different music, but now i prefer Blood Orange, D-Pulse, Samantha Urbani and something like this
14. What are your hobbies?I adore skating
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I really don't know. i love nature and plants, It might have something to do with it
Comments are closed.