Instagram: @mohamedsobeha Facebook: www.facebook.com/mohamed.sobeha
1. What's your story? Where are you from?An artist from Cairo, Egypt. I started to make my artwork, when I was 19, actually I didn't even know that I have the talent, so I started by luck, I was a big fan for visual art movement as known as pop art, so when I started to make art I started with a general categories, but most of was collage work, and by the time I started to make mixed visuals arts.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.Actually, I always try to work in mixed art directions, but in my illustrations, I like to pick up warm and cold colors, that maketh a pop-culture fancy.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I get drawn in my own computer and ideas, I don't know actually what's my favorite to work in, but maybe it's illustration!
4. What is your artistic process like?The ideas, of course, I always try to illustrate my own ideas which comes from the unknown and then start to pick up my ambiguous character and start to make a story
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Anything that passes in my day inspires me, maybe the objects or people's conversations, public issues, psychological issues and sometimes it comes from the way that I see things, so I try to draw my own feelings and impressions in art pieces. And of course, there are artists that inspire me like (Andy Warhol, Peter Phillips, Tom Wesselmann, Yayoi Kusama, Aya Takano)
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?It rules everything I like to see my life in an artistic way, I found art in little things.
7. Where did you study?I'm currently studying E-Commerce in Arab Academy for science, but when it comes to art, so I'm a self-learning artist, and my mother taught me a lot about colors, and when I get confused about something I ask her!
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?Actually, I don't like to answer those questions, because I feel them not accurate, because I feel confused about my self, so I don't know where I want to be, but maybe I would love to be the same, and come up with my visuals every day,
9. What about in ten?I don't know about 5, but maybe I will gain more knowledge about arts, actually, I don't plan a lot, I take things in a freeway.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?To share my own message and ideas around the globe!
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Mmm pizza.
12. Favourite book?It's rare for me to finish a book, I read in a random way for a random category,but maybe I will say "Logically fallacious" for Bo Bennett.
13. Favourite genre of music?I listen to general music, but I would say Jazz.
14. What are your hobbies?Watching and playing football, tennis, reading general news, articles, and poems.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I haven't graduated yet, but maybe I would be a programmer or a web developer I don't know, but I hope that doesn't happen.
Comments are closed.