1. What's your story? Where are you from?My name is Murat YILDIRIM. I was born in Istanbul. I started this job when I was so small. I even used to draw a lot of sketches on my notebooks and that used to make teachers so angry. I have loved to tried different things all the time. What drove me to this field was the desire of the new in my heart. Also, I was never satisfied enough with my work. That made me try the new and the better always.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.Whatever includes creativity inside and whatever makes you feel excited and gives you inspiration is aesthetic for me. It is a way of knowing the good with your subjective vision
3. What is your favorite medium and why?I have started everything with classical painting. After, moreover, the perception of art became digitalized I have turned the classical perception into the first illustration and to 3D artwork. Currently, I work with 3D as my favorite.
4. What is your artistic process like?Firstly, I keep thinking without any action for several hours in a quiet atmosphere. I like it to be with calm music. The bluer I feel, the more creative and productive I turn out to be. Traditionally, I start with a sketch on paper and then I convert it to the digital.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?My grandma used to paint and that is a big factor why I started classical painting and after all my progress, Ezequiel Pini inspired me to start 3D art.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art makes me feel universal. I feel special. It feeds my behavior perception and understanding of aesthetic There is a difference between viewing and seeing. It makes me feel sensations deeper. You start to understand people and details more and more.
7. Where did you study?I have studied in Fine Art Faculty in Istanbul. I have given painting lessons for a long time.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?In a cold place.
9. What about in ten?In a colder place
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I want to achieve being able to affect human beings in the heart. By seeing art as a universal language, I want to give my message to my followers.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?My favorite food is broccoli.
12. Favourite book?Time Travel in Einstein’s Universe, Gogol Diary of a Madman
13. Favourite genre of music?Post-Rock, Soundtrack, Classical
14. What are your hobbies?Painting, Playing Soccer.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I would be an artist in any condition.